Leyland U3A Ramblers walk every month on the 3rd Thursday, starting from Leyland generally about 10.00. We aim for a walk of about 5 miles or two hours duration starting from a pub or cafe to which we return at the end of the walk for light refreshments or lunch. If we travel by car to the starting point we try to reduce the carbon footprint by filling as many cars as are needed. The idea of the walks is to enjoy the exercise, fresh air and the companionship of walking together and eating together at the end of the walk. We are not attempting to break any endurance records and try to make each walk open to all abilities. Each walk is planned beforehand and we will advise you by email of the walk, duration, topography and any obstacles such as stiles, stepping stones or muddy paths.
Weatherproof clothing, stout shoes or boots and enthusiasm are the only real requirements for an enjoyable walk.
Please be aware that :
- You may be walking though muddy fields and paths so suitable footwear is need.
- As we get into Autumn / Winter suitable waterproofs will be needed.
- Sorry, but dogs will not be allowed on the walks.
- You may have to takes breaks in Tea Rooms.
- There will be stiles to climb.
- You will be walking though fields containing Farm animals.
- There will be hill to climb.
- You will probably get fitter.
- You may have to call into Pubs occasionally.
- You may loose a bit of weight.
- Please bring drinks and snacks.
- Members are responsible for their own safety and walk at their own risk.
- If the Walk Leader judges you to be unfit for the walk, their advice should be considered seriously.
- Please carry contact details, in case of emergency, and you may wish to include details of any medications and allergies that paramedics would need to make note of. Also, please carry this information where it can easily be found.
- Bring your mobile phone with you and make sure you have my mobile number in it.
If you wish to join the Rambler Group, please read, download and sign the Risk Assessment document HERE